Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Defriended (blocked?) on steam?
Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:25 am by dumpy

» Cosmic Cup Season 1 full Standings
Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 9:05 am by SugarPooper

» How to micro scvs against 3 hellions
Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:05 am by SugarPooper

» ccmsc2.com being transfered to ccm.shivtr.com
Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 3:07 am by SugarPooper

» Proxy Tempest on Moonlight Madness (KESPA Cup)
Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 3:03 am by SugarPooper

» New Member JunQkie
Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 12:49 am by SugarPooper

» Cool website for sc2 forum signatures
Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:03 am by SugarPooper

» new member from canada quebec :)
Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 4:08 am by meeK

» cloudM now recruiting Diamond+
Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:09 am by meeK

Welcome to Fear The Gamer

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
meeK
Admin
meeK

Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:27 am

IRONHORSE wrote:
Hey guys! I got referred here by my buddy Rich, but I've known (online) Rich, sugarpooper, merc, and to a lesser extent, Jacob for awhile now.

At 47, I guess I'm the "old man" of the forum, but I'm cool with that. I've been a fan of MMA for a long time now, and started watching UFC when it was in it's single digits, and Pride soon thereafter. Most of my favorite fighters (Don Frye, Mark Kerr, Randy Couture, and Fedor Emelianenko - to name but a few,) have long since retired.

Among the current batch of fighters, I'm a fan of Cain Velasquez, Frankie Edgar, Mark Hunt, Pat Barry, Johny Hendricks - I know I'm missing a few names here, but I love the brawlers. I have a strong loathing for the recently retired GSP, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, and for reasons I can't quite put into words, Lyoto Machida. You can lump into the "loathing" category any of the "lay and pray" type fighters, and fighters who consistently win via decision *snore*

I love women's MMA, and Hope it continues to flourish in the UFC, and that Invicta remains viable for a long time to come.

Fair warning up front: You will notice a pattern with me, where I will be silent for a long time, then I'll be all over the boards for awhile. This is due to my job: I am a truck driver, I run 3 weeks at a time, then home for a week.

I look forward to continuing my association with those I know already, and getting to know those I don't. Peace, Love, and Arm bars!

If that's 'cause of fighter bashing, don't worry that's not against the rules here! Laugh Out Loud
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE

IRONHORSE

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:33 am

Hired_Merc wrote:
If that's 'cause of fighter bashing, don't worry that's not against the rules here! Laugh Out Loud

So like....you're telling me I can say GSP is a no account, pansy ass, 2 bit, cowardly, sorry excuse for a fighter who has no guts and retired like a whipped puppy who rolls over and pees all over itself, after getting his ass beat by Johny Hendricks.... And not get chastised? Dancing Clap 
Back to top Go down
meeK
Admin
meeK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:36 am

IRONHORSE wrote:
Hired_Merc wrote:

So like....you're telling me I can say GSP is a no account, pansy ass, 2 bit, cowardly, sorry excuse for a fighter who has no guts and retired like a whipped puppy who rolls over and pees all over itself, after getting his ass beat by Johny Hendricks.... And not get chastised? Dancing Clap 

You can say that yes Laugh Out Loud And people may disagree with you, as long as there's no insults thrown towards the members, it's all good Laugh Out Loud
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE

IRONHORSE

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 2:42 am

Hired_Merc wrote:
You can say that yes :lol:And people may disagree with you, as long as there's no insults thrown towards the members, it's all good Laugh Out Loud

Excellent!  2 Thumbs Up 
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
User has been banned
Rich Davie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 3:57 am

We dig freedom of speech here ! Wink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FishingTime
User has been banned
FishingTime

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:08 am

Hi all. Name is Damon. I'm a 37 year old MMA fan, as well as a fishing nut from what my screen name shows. I used to be a moderator for the UFC Undisputed series, and actually got flown out to California to test UFC Undisputed 3 for bugs/glitches.

I don't really have a favorite fighter. Well, maybe Frankie Edgar, or pretty much any fighter who puts his best out there every time. I'm a fan of fighters who go out to win fights with finishes. As long as it is a good fight, decisions don't bother me. I'm not a fan of safe fighters. Any fighter that slows down the pace just to earn octagon control annoys me.

Looking forward to conversing with everyone, even if we don't agree on things. If we all agreed, there would be no point in discussing it.

Can't wait to get these forums rocking!
Back to top Go down
meeK
Admin
meeK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 9:12 am

Welcome to the site man! Good to have you here. Frankie Edgar is an awesome fighter, always entertaining!
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE

IRONHORSE

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 12:12 pm

Welcome, fishingtime! I like your mindset, in what you wrote. We'll likely get along great! And, even if we disagree, it'll be fun debating you.

I'd offer you a beer, but all I have is coffee.
Back to top Go down
SugarPooper
Admin
SugarPooper

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 12:42 pm

Welcome man! Frankie Edgar's movement & boxing is so crisp. How could you not love the guy?
He won Frankie vs Bendo 2 BTW.

Santa Hat
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
User has been banned
Rich Davie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 12:49 pm

Welcome to MMA Voice Damon... I so glad to see familiar names joining the site. !  2 Thumbs Up 
Back to top Go down
Mu_Shin

Mu_Shin

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:21 pm

MMA Voice:

Seeing some familiar names here, pleased to join you.  

Older than IronHorse, former 2nd dan TaeKwon Do, former instructor, did a couple years of submission grappling before they started calling the sport Mixed Martial Arts ('96-'97)  

Watched UFC I live with a bunch of my training partners, still have old videos we recorded up to about UFC VII.  Lost touch with the sport around '98, got back in touch with MMA around 2003 and have been a consistent fan ever since.  

Promise to never use one word when three will do, hope to drive some of you to the dictionary on occasion, and really looking for some verbal sparring with knowledgeable fans who feel differently than I do about fighters, fighting, and martial arts topics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.mdparty.com/daviddavol
Rich Davie
User has been banned
Rich Davie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:27 pm

Mu Shin !

I'm glad to see you stopped by, chimed-in, and created an account.

That makes me happy !

For those who don't know Mu Shin, he's got to be the most eloquent MMA poster on the entire internet.
Back to top Go down
SugarPooper
Admin
SugarPooper

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:22 pm

Rich Davie wrote:
Mu Shin !

I'm glad to see you stopped by, chimed-in, and created an account.

That makes me happy !

For those who don't know Mu Shin, he's got to be the most eloquent MMA poster on the entire internet.

You got my vote on that!
Always liked to see a Mu_Shin post, He always came with a realistic, smart approach.
Very glad to have you here buddy, you were always real kind!
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE

IRONHORSE

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Good to see you here, Mu_shin! Make yourself at home! There aren't many places to sit yet, we're sending Rich to Ikea tomorrow for furniture.
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
User has been banned
Rich Davie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Laugh Out Loud 
Back to top Go down
meeK
Admin
meeK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:30 pm

mu_shin wrote:
MMA Voice:

Seeing some familiar names here, pleased to join you.  

Older than IronHorse, former 2nd dan TaeKwon Do, former instructor, did a couple years of submission grappling before they started calling the sport Mixed Martial Arts ('96-'97)  

Watched UFC I live with a bunch of my training partners, still have old videos we recorded up to about UFC VII.  Lost touch with the sport around '98, got back in touch with MMA around 2003 and have been a consistent fan ever since.  

Promise to never use one word when three will do, hope to drive some of you to the dictionary on occasion, and really looking for some verbal sparring with knowledgeable fans who feel differently than I do about fighters, fighting, and martial arts topics.

Welcome to the forum man. Glad you joined the website, look forward to reading your posts on here.
Back to top Go down
T Daddy3000

T Daddy3000

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 12:59 am

I welcome you all to welcome me.
Back to top Go down
meeK
Admin
meeK

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 1:01 am

Nice first post Laugh Out Loud Welcome to forum, hope you like the site!
Back to top Go down
SugarPooper
Admin
SugarPooper

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 1:02 am

Welcome buddy! see you around!
 What a Face What a Face What a Face 
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE

IRONHORSE

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 1:06 am

T Daddy3000 wrote:
I welcome you all to welcome me.

Isn't that the lyrics of a Cheap Trick song?

Welcome T-Daddy! I remember your name!
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
User has been banned
Rich Davie

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 1:13 am

Good to see another familiar name on the site ! Clap

Welcome to MMA Voice TDaddy !  2 Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
T Daddy3000

T Daddy3000

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 5:28 am

Thank you guys! Looking forward to watching this site grow. Looks great so far!
Back to top Go down
Washed Up

Washed Up

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Hey guys, liking your new site...hope to be somewhat liked here! lol
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE

IRONHORSE

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 3:00 pm

Oh boy, the site is washed up now! Kidding - Welcome, and make yourself at home, Washed up! cheers 
Back to top Go down
SugarPooper
Admin
SugarPooper

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 4:04 pm

Washed Up wrote:
Hey guys, liking your new site...hope to be somewhat liked here! lol
\

Wow great to have you man, thanks for following me on Twitter as well.
Followed back. Welcome aboard!

flower flower flower flower 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Fear The Gamer   Welcome to Fear The Gamer - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Fear The Gamer

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next