Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Defriended (blocked?) on steam?
Thumbs up for posts.  EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:25 am by dumpy

» Cosmic Cup Season 1 full Standings
Thumbs up for posts.  EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 9:05 am by SugarPooper

» How to micro scvs against 3 hellions
Thumbs up for posts.  EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:05 am by SugarPooper

» ccmsc2.com being transfered to ccm.shivtr.com
Thumbs up for posts.  EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 3:07 am by SugarPooper

» Proxy Tempest on Moonlight Madness (KESPA Cup)
Thumbs up for posts.  EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 3:03 am by SugarPooper

» New Member JunQkie
Thumbs up for posts.  EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 12:49 am by SugarPooper

» Cool website for sc2 forum signatures
Thumbs up for posts.  EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:03 am by SugarPooper

» new member from canada quebec :)
Thumbs up for posts.  EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 4:08 am by meeK

» cloudM now recruiting Diamond+
Thumbs up for posts.  EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:09 am by meeK

Thumbs up for posts.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FishingTime
User has been banned
FishingTime

Thumbs up for posts.  Empty
PostSubject: Thumbs up for posts.    Thumbs up for posts.  EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 7:31 pm

I would like to see a system added if possible where we can give a thread/post a thumbs up if we agree or like it. Only a thumbs up though as thumbs down is just negative, and we really don't care if someone doesn't like something we said. We all do care if people like/agree with something we've said though. A positive aspect always is a plus.
Back to top Go down
meeK
Admin
meeK

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for posts.    Thumbs up for posts.  EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I can add a, "Thank You" button but that only shows up for the thread starter. What I can do however is add a rep system that only has positive? Removing the ability to even neg rep someone. Would that be good?

EDIT: I've added the positive rep system. Should I add the, thank you button? The positive rep adds 1, and the thank you button adds 3 rep points. But only the thread starters can see the thank you button.
Back to top Go down
FishingTime
User has been banned
FishingTime

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for posts.    Thumbs up for posts.  EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 2:57 am

Hired_Merc wrote:
I can add a, "Thank You" button but that only shows up for the thread starter. What I can do however is add a rep system that only has positive? Removing the ability to even neg rep someone. Would that be good?

EDIT: I've added the positive rep system. Should I add the, thank you button? The positive rep adds 1, and the thank you button adds 3 rep points. But only the thread starters can see the thank you button.

Rep is good, even if you have to add the negative. A "Thank You" button would be cool as well. I just want to be able to give something for good threads and posts.
Back to top Go down
meeK
Admin
meeK

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for posts.    Thumbs up for posts.  EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 3:00 am

I've added positive reputation. Next to every post you should see a +, so if you like the post you can give rep. Negative rep has been disabled.

I've also added the thank you button. Only thread starters can see it and thank people in the thread. That's the only way it works sadly. But you should be able to see the thank you button next to anyone who posts in this thread Smile
Back to top Go down
FishingTime
User has been banned
FishingTime

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for posts.    Thumbs up for posts.  EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 4:35 am

Hired_Merc wrote:
I've added positive reputation. Next to every post you should see a +, so if you like the post you can give rep. Negative rep has been disabled.

I've also added the thank you button. Only thread starters can see it and thank people in the thread. That's the only way it works sadly. But you should be able to see the thank you button next to anyone who posts in this thread Smile

Awesome man, thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
User has been banned
Rich Davie

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for posts.    Thumbs up for posts.  EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 5:50 am

fishingtime wrote:
I would like to see a system added if possible where we can give a thread/post a thumbs up if we agree or like it. Only a thumbs up though as thumbs down is just negative, and we really don't care if someone doesn't like something we said. We all do care if people like/agree with something we've said though. A positive aspect always is a plus.

This was exactly what I told Merc, and why we disabled the feature altogether... I wanted an all positive appreciation system.

Great minds think alike.
Back to top Go down
FishingTime
User has been banned
FishingTime

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for posts.    Thumbs up for posts.  EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 6:36 am

Rich Davie wrote:

This was exactly what I told Merc, and why we disabled the feature altogether... I wanted an all positive appreciation system.

Great minds think alike.
Definitely man. I've been on sites where people could give negative votes, etc. Didn't stay on them long. Negativity kills threads, as well as people's experience on a whole. It is okay to disagree with someone, but giving them a negative rating for something along with a counter post just rubs it in.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thumbs up for posts.    Thumbs up for posts.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Thumbs up for posts.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1