Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Defriended (blocked?) on steam?
Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptyThu Oct 08, 2015 7:25 am by dumpy

» Cosmic Cup Season 1 full Standings
Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptyTue Aug 11, 2015 9:05 am by SugarPooper

» How to micro scvs against 3 hellions
Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:05 am by SugarPooper

» ccmsc2.com being transfered to ccm.shivtr.com
Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 3:07 am by SugarPooper

» Proxy Tempest on Moonlight Madness (KESPA Cup)
Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptySun Aug 02, 2015 3:03 am by SugarPooper

» New Member JunQkie
Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptySat Jul 25, 2015 12:49 am by SugarPooper

» Cool website for sc2 forum signatures
Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:03 am by SugarPooper

» new member from canada quebec :)
Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptyTue Jun 09, 2015 4:08 am by meeK

» cloudM now recruiting Diamond+
Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptySat Jun 06, 2015 3:09 am by meeK

Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rich Davie
User has been banned
Rich Davie

Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie Empty
PostSubject: Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie   Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:24 pm

Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie Key-lime-ay-1875144-l

Prep Time : 15 to 25 Min

Ready In : 4 Hrs 30 Min

Ingredients :

Graham Cracker Crust :

1 cup graham cracker crumbs
3 tablespoons white sugar
5 tablespoons butter, melted

Filling :

2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (I've always used Borden Brand Magnolia Condensed Milk)
1/2 cup key lime juice

Topping :

1 cup heavy whipping cream

Preparation :

Graham Cracker Crust :

1.) Mix graham cracker crumbs with sugar, once combined, add melted butter.

2.) When crust mixture is moist press into 9 inch pie plate and all the way to the top of the pie plate.

3.) Set aside until filling mixture is ready.

Filling :

1.) Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites into a small mixing bowl (only the egg yolks are used).

2.) Take a tablespoon of sugar and cover the egg yolk with the sugar, then mix with a fork.

3.) Put the sweetened condensed milk into a non-metal mixing bowl, and then slowly fold the egg yolk mixture into the sweetened condensed milk (be sure not to stir or mix and do not use any metal utensils from this point forward, I recommend a plastic or rubber spatula).

4.) After the egg yolk mixture is completely folded into the sweetened condensed milk, you're ready to slowly add the key lime juice by folding it into the sweetened condensed milk.

5.) Very important : Do not add all of the key lime juice at one time !!

6.) Start to very slowly add the key lime juice into the sweetened condensed milk by folding it into the mix very slowly working the mixing bowl by turning the bowl and working from the center of the mixing bowl to the outside of the bowl.

7.) Add a little bit at a time and do not add any more until each little bilt is completely folded into the sweetened condensed milk, you'll notice that the key lime juice starts to interact with the sweetened condensed milk and become thicker.

8.) Once all of the key lime juice is completely folded into the sweetened condensed milk and no liquid is apparent, the filling should be much thicker and ready to be poured into the graham cracker crust.

9.) Cover with plastic film and refridgerate for several hours or until the filling sets.

Topping :

1.) Just before serving, whip-up the heavy cream and add a dollop to the top of each slice when served, or cover the entire slice with whipped cream to sweeten the slice even more.

There you have it... Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
User has been banned
Rich Davie

PostSubject: Re: Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie   Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 4:30 pm

If you're interested in making this recipe, you're gonna need real Key Lime juice... here's a link where you can order Key Lime Juice :

http://www.florida-juice.com/
Back to top Go down
IRONHORSE

IRONHORSE

PostSubject: Re: Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie   Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 7:35 pm

Dangit Rich, now I'm drooling!
Back to top Go down
Rich Davie
User has been banned
Rich Davie

PostSubject: Re: Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie   Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:21 am

I grew up in the restaurant business... my family owned a restaurant in the Florida Keys.

I used to be the town's Key Lime Pie maker, and I sold my pies to the local restaurants.

When I was 17, I was the head cook at the Holiday Inn in Marathon, Florida... before that I was a seafood cook at my parent's restaurant for several years while going to High School.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie   Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie Empty

Back to top Go down

Rich Davie's Authentic Key Lime Pie

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1